Written By brendanlahert
20 years’ experience in the commercial technical industry. Interested in technology. Certified ITIL v3 Service Management, Project Management Prince 2, Six Sigma.
The GAOMON PD1161 is a digital drawing tablet with an 11.6-inch IPS display that can connect to a laptop allowing drawing on the Tablet. The kit has 8 Shortcut customised keys and 5 Menu Keys on the tablet. The kit is solid to feel with grips to prevent slipping and working tilted allowing for E-learning, digital drawing, animation, sketching, photo editing, 3D sculpting etc The tablet is small and portable, making it easy to carry around.
The connection required the integrated cables connected to various ports in the Tablet and laptop. This looks confusing in the number of cable ports to connect but works well once connected.
Installation software – This is downloaded free from www.GAOMON.net/download
Screen calibration is recommended on initial setup and pen pressure test
The software download, setup, and calibration worked well with no issues observed allowing the tablet to be placed flat on a surface or at an angle ( Bracket not supplied for angle use ) Once connected to the Laptop the option to duplicate / Extend the display is available.
GAOMON was started in 2011 with a core area in pen tablets, pen displays, and manual tracing boards with a sales network spanning across more than 50 + countries and regions for their ten digital products used in various fields.
GAOMON Multi-Size Graphic Drawing Tablet with screen and pen for selection
The warranty is disappointing in one year and I would have liked to see more on the warranty for a quality product.
The drawing table is listed as suitable for beginners and certainly requires minimal technical use to set and use. The software installation & calibration on a laptop worked flawlessly we have reviewed similar tablets in the past here and this one comes out tops with ease of use.
The 11.6 inch IPS screen display & 1920*1080 Resolution gave excellent picture quality allowing a high zoom option to get into detailed drawing close up. The 60-degree tilt Function allows for multiple uses to ensure comfortable hand movement.
The 8 Customisable Shortcut keys and 5 Menu Keys are excellent allowing modification of the colorimetry, brightness, contrast, etc
Most users will notice the Battery-Free Pen which allows painting similar to using a standard pen and is compatible with the major drawing programs: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Clip Studio, Lightroom, Sketchbook Pro, Manga Studio, CorelPainter, FireAlpaca, OpenCanvas, Paint Tool SAI2, Krita etc. The tilt, drawing pressure, and calibration option allow for easy use of the pen which feels like a standard pen, and the 1920*1080 display is clear. This is an easy-to-use, detailed clear tablet/pen use
- [11.6 Inch Work Area] GAOMON PD1161 drawing tablet comes with 11.6 inch IPS screen display & 1920*1080 Resolution, which can make you draw intuitively. Richer Color Gamut—178° Viewing Angle & 72% NTSC & 16.7 million display colors. Suitable for both right and left-hand users.
- [8192 Battery-Free Pen] AP50 with 266PPS & 8192Levels & 5080LPI, you could have a comfortable painting and natural drawing feeling. Needs no charge or battery, which is environmentally friendly.
- [Support Tilt Function] 60 Degrees Tilt Function, Simply tilt to add shading to your creation and enjoy smoother and more natural transitions between finest sketches and lines.
- [Customisable Express Keys] 8 Shortcut keys and 5 Menu Keys. There are 8 shortcut keys on the left side, you can set 8 press keys based on your preference, which not only saves your time but also enhance your creativity.[5 Menu Keys]—- AUTO/+ /- /MENU/POWER. They are placed on the left side of the tablet, which allows you to easily adjust the colorimetry, brightness, contrast, etc.
- [OS Support& Art Program Compatibility] GAOMON PD1161 drawing pen display must be used with a computer. Support Windows 7/8/8.1, Mac OS 10.12 or later; Compatible with most drawing programs: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Clip Studio, Lightroom, Sketchbook Pro, Manga Studio, CorelPainter, FireAlpaca, OpenCanvas, Paint Tool SAI2, Krita and so on; It’s ideal for E-learning, digital drawing, animation, sketching, photo editing, 3D sculpting, and more